Emigrating to Canada permanently is an exciting opportunity. However, there are several things you should consider before you apply to be a permanent resident.

1. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada agency is the government body responsible for considering applications of those wishing to emigrate to Canada. If you want to emigrate to Canada, you will need to decide which immigration program will work best for you and your family.

2. It is possible to apply for immigration to Canada under one of the following categories:

  • Skilled workers and professionals
  • Canadian Experience Class: for people who have recent Canadian work experience or who recently graduated and worked in Canada
  • Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people: for people who want to start a business in Canada
  • Provincial nominees: one of Canada's provinces or territories can nominate you to settle and work there
  • Sponsoring your family: you can sponsor a family member to join you here if you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen


3. Many jobs or occupations in Canada require you to have a license or certificate to work and ideally you should have some knowledge of English or French.

For more information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at:

Forest Lakes Country Club Photo Gallery