To study in Canada, you may need a study permit or a temporary resident visa. Anyone planning to study for more than six months in Canada needs a Study Permit. Citizens of certain countries may also need a Temporary Resident Visa in order to come to Canada for their studies

Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.

Each university in Canada has its own policy regarding admission requirements. Your best course of action would be to identify which universities in Canada offer the course which interests you, and then contact them directly regarding their admission requirements. You can find the contact information for each university when you do a search for programs at

Once you have shortlisted your chosen course, this website has a useful tool to help you calculate the cost of tuition and living expenses for the courses you have chosen as well as visa requirements dependent on your country of origin.

Many students are eligible to work part-time during their studies in Canada, either on- or off-campus however you will need a Work Permit to work off-campus.

For more information please visit

Nova Scotia: Canada's Education Province